Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Little Tooth and So....Much Pain


The past week has been hell!, I've never felt such pain in my life (besides labor and that's worth the pain because something wonderful comes out of it)! A piece of my molar broke off a few months ago, I didn't get it fixed right away like I should have and now I'm in agony. When I went to the Dentist on Thursday I told them I wanted to save my tooth, at that time they gave me Tylenol codeine for the pain, a antibiotic for the infection and scheduled a root canal in two weeks. By Monday I wanted the tooth pulled! When I called first thing in the morning they told me to come in. When they brought me into the room I was expecting to get my tooth pulled but instead they told me they would put me on a stronger antibiotic and give me stronger pain killers, the tears ran down my face, I mean ran fast down my fast, I couldn't believe I was going to have to take more pills (I've been taking more Ibuprofen then I have in my whole life) and having to continue dealing with the pain was more then I could handle. They said they can't do anything when there is a infection. They also said once the pain passes I may change my mind and want the root canal. After taking so many drugs (every 3 to 4 hours) I'm finally feeling better today. Or at least for the moment. I feel like my eyes have been shut for the past week, my house is a disaster and planning Eric's 40th Party for Saturday is slowly coming together. I've been so tense from the pain that my neck is killing me, the whole left side of my face and tongue are sore and all this from one little tooth. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

I've decided to get the root canel now that I'm not in so much pain. That should be fun.

No comments: