Saturday, October 10, 2009

Signs of October

Finally! I usually have my Halloween decorations up and cookies made by this time the end of September or first of October. It's been so busy around here I wasn't able to get to it until now.
Today Audrey and I made some very yummy PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies. I'm sure they won't last long, so I'm hoping to make a pumpkin cake tomorrow. I love cooking in the fall. There are so many good things to cook.

The kids get so excited when to decorations come out.
It's been a family traditions since they were itsy bitsy little ones.
Ms. Trixie enjoying another throw pillow on the couch.
She likes them in a pile to lay onShe's such a funny dog,
when the pillows aren't just right she digs at them to get them right
where she wants them.

2 comments:

Alli said...

The picture of Ms. Trixie with the pumpkin blanket is adorable. Its nice that your kids enjoy those traditions, what they'll remember forever.

ps- the pumpkin cookies sound delicious!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the typical way of loosing your first tooth. On Thursday morning Audrey discovered she had her first loose tooth. She was so excited that it was finally her turn!!! We explained to her that a loose tooth can sometimes take a couple of month before it's ready to fall out, she didn't care she was just excited to have a loose tooth. Two days later her and Ethan were playing in the living room and all of a sudden I hear her screaming, I went into the living room to see her mouth full of blood, tears running down her face and her screaming "my tooth, my tooth, we need to find my tooth!" As I was trying to calm her down, Ethan explained to me what had happened.....they were playing and his hand accidentally hit her loose tooth and out it "POPPED". Once Audrey got the blood cleaned out of her mouth, found her tooth and wiped all the tears away she turned to Ethan and said “Thanks Ethan!”

ethan punched her he told me