Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Best Banana Bread Recipe EVER!!!!




Join Friend Makin' Monday here!




I thought I'd share one of my most favorite recipe's with you today.  This banana bread is the best.  Everyone eats it right up.  I baked two loaves on Thanksgiving Eve and they were all gone  by the end of Thanksgiving Day.   


I usually toss bananas that start turning in the freezer instead of tossing  them in the trash.   This makes it so I always have bananas to use for my bread.   

Sour Cream Banana Bread
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine (I use smart balance)
2 cup Sugar   
2 Eggs
4 Ripe Bananas (2 to 2 1/2 cups) mashed
3 cups sifted flour (often times I use 1/2 wheat flour)
2 teas. Baking Soda
2 teas. Baking Powder
1 teas. Salt (I use Sea Salt)
1 teas. Vanilla
1 1/2 chopped Nuts ( I use Walnuts)
3/4 cup Sour Cream ( I use lowfat sour cream but often use yogurt when I don't have the sour cream and that works fine)
3 Tbls. finely chooped nuts for the top of the bread (optional)

Cream butter and sugar; add slightly beaten eggs.  Thoroughly mash bananas and add to butter-sugar mixture.  Stir in Vanilla.  Mix and sift together flour, baking soda and powder and salt and stir into banana mixture.  Fold in sour cream (or yogurt) and 1 1/2 cups of nuts. Spoon into TWO greased and lighlty floured bread pans (you can line the bottom with waxed paper to make it easier to remove bread, you still need to grease the pans first).  Sprinkle finely chopped nuts over dough and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.  Cool. Remove to finish cooling on wire rack.

ENJOY!
I know you'll love it!


Bonnie

9 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds yummy to me..

Angie S said...

Sour Cream in anything is wonderful! Gosh this sounds great :) and I love nuts too especially in banana bread!

Happy Fmm!!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I love Banana Bread! Yours sounds great. I don't think I've used sour cream in mine before. I might need to try that!

shortmama said...

You had me at sour cream LOL

Ave said...

Sounds great!

Jenn said...

O.K. So it'll be this years bread for our customers:)

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Yum! I love banana bread.

Renee said...

I have a similar recipe that and I use low fat sour cream. I need to start using some whole wheat flour in it like you do.

Shannon said...

This recipe is also being added to my Christmas list. There is nothing better than warm banana bread with the crunch of nuts in it. A great simple dessert for those that don't like sweet desserts! Thanks for sharing!