Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

This week for Thursday Thirteen, I decided to list 13 Children's books that have been read a zillion times in our home.  A few of "OUR" classics.  Now that my son is 8 he would never ask for these to be read to him but I know he listens when I ask to read them to my 6 year old daughter ( She still loves these books and so do I).

 
 OWEN
This has to be my all time favorite children's books.
 I love all of Kevin Henkes books but this rates #1 for me.
 Audrey loves all of his "Lily" books.


What a perfect book for those little ones going off to school . 
We have a few other Audrey Penn books
that are read often too.
 
Well, this is one book my son still LOVES.
  There is something about the word "Poop" that always puts a smile on his face.


Cute Story!


Great when Audrey is having a NOT SO GOOD moment.


I could read this a thousand times and never get sick of it. 
 Our Holiday books aren't kept out all year and this one I always look forward to reading.

This one too I could over and over!





These books have been such a hit with both my kids.  Worth checking out.



Classic!  Robert Munsch is great, we like all of his books too!


Another Classic!



The underpants tell it all!


Another good one for Audrey and me!

Have a wonderful Thursday!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous.Girl said...

Ahhh! When I was a child, Robert Munsch visited our school! It was so cool. He made up a story on the spot and he picked ME to be one of the characters. I thought I was going to pee myself.

fickleinpink said...

i love your list!

have a great day!
come and visit 13 Gas saving TIPS if you have the time!
xoxo

Mary Quast said...

LOL... I have seven on those books that I read to my youngest. Great list!

Alice Audrey said...

The I Spy books are the only ones on your list that we ever had. We literally wore them to pieces.

Tracie said...

Great list! I love children's books!

Love You Forever is such a classic.

Happy TT!

Hazel said...

They are very interesting even to an adult like me. :) Poop - it makes me smile too. I call my kiddo Baby Pooh. Poop if he's being naughty :)

Hootin' Anni said...

I bet they're all super too. I remember [eons ago] my two kids loved me reading over and over "Lamont the Lonely Monster". Now the book is selling for gazillions on ebay. Wish I had my copy still. LOL


My 13 is notations of a special holiday song...how long will it take you to figure out what song it is? You'll need to scroll down a bit below my Thursday Thunks to find my 13 --they are posted if you'd like to stop by for a visit today....HERE

Have a great Thursday.

chubskulit said...

I like the love you forever!

I am sharing the movies that we like to watch over and over again

Adelle Laudan said...

My girls used to love Franklin books. They also devoured Dr Seuss. Happy T13!

Heather @ Sugar N Spice Mostly Nice said...

I haven't read The Night Before Thanksgiving before, I'll have to add that to our library list.

I too love Love You Forever, it's so sweet.

jillconyers said...

A lot of our family favorites are listed.