Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet

Today Ethan had his Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts.  He earned his Bear patch and he will soon be on to becoming a Webelo.  The theme this year was "100th Birthday Celebration of Scouting".  Wow...a hundred years.  That's awesome!
There is a cake contest every year.  I'm not one to decorate a cake, it's just not my thing.  Instead we go for the best tasting.  Ethan helped make the cake; a Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake.  I made this cake for the first time days before for my hubby's birthday, it was gone by the next morning so I thought this might have a chance of winning.  Last year at the Blue and Gold Eric helped Ethan make his cake (check out last years recipe) and he won to my surprise and again this year he won! Yippee! What a big smile on his face when they called his name.  It was worth every crumb that was all over the counter and floor while he made it.    

1 comment:

Laura said...

...absolutely LOVE this picture of Ethan - what a great moment! Fun idea with the cakes :-) Our Blue and Gold was last weekend - when I was away scrapbooking - needless to say I'm still waiting for pics from someone else!!!!!