Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What I've Been Up To .........

I haven't blogged for two weeks, I think that may be a record! Wow that's bad, or is it?  I told myself when I started this blog it was for me to have fun with and I was my own boss of it so "no rules" but I sometimes I found myself feeling guilty but lately I've found myself letting that feeling go....I simply can't do it all....who can?  So,  I will blog when I can and enjoy it!  Anyway...this is what I've been up to................

Rediscovering my Bread Machine  I've had my bread machine for 12 years and  it seems I use it a little then put it away. After reading a post over at Clover Lane (all it took was seeing the picture of her bread machine and I thought "I should pull mine out")  Ever since taking it out almost two weeks ago I've been making a fresh loaf of bread every other day.  What makes me feel like keeping up with it more than anything is having yummy,natural, no sugar, made with love bread!  Everyone in the family is loving it! I'm thrilled mine has a timer on it, this makes waking up in the morning all so worth it....especially for sleepy heads like me! 



The recipe:
1 cup and 5 tbls of WATER
3 tbls OLIVE OIL
3 tbls HONEY
1 teas LEMON JUICE
2 teas SEA SALT
2 cups BREAD FLOUR
2 cups WHEAT FLOUR

That's it!  Easy and so good.


GIRL SCOUT COOKIES Sorting and Distributing
This is Audrey's First year being a Daisy and she's having lots of fun!  After selling 148 boxes we decided to stop (I realized we had to sort all of these cookies and distribute them...YIKES) Oh, and Peanut Butter and Patties and Carmel Delights were the thing!  My favorite...Thin Mints, to bad they didn't make you thin!



SEWING

Well, first off I don't sew! It's never been my thing.  As much as I would love to say I love it and can do it....I can't.  But being a Mom you sometimes have to do things that may not be your thing. Audrey has earned a few patches that had to put on her smock so I stepped up to the challenge and sewed them on, I didn't do too bad (just don't look too close).  Yes, my sewing box is pathetic but it works for now!



Celebrating BIRTHDAYS......very important ones!
First Eric's (hubby's) 
Simple and nice, we got back late from dinner and shopping but had to make sure we all had cake before bed.  
Then my Mother in laws "Nannie Wizza"

And, Last but not least....Ethan's 9th Birthday!  Two close friends, family, a cake made by Nannie Wizza and Lots of Legos, made for a perfect birthday!


EXERCISING
I've started exercising twice a week with other people, yes others. This is HUGE for me, it's something I've never done in my 38 years of life.  I've always felt uncomfortable and being uncoordinated never helped, it's true, but I'm working through it and doing the best I can. I realize everyone is concentrating on breathing and surviving through the class that they aren't watching me.  It will be almost 4 weeks since I started and I'm feeling stronger already.  The biggest reason I decided to do this is I really need to get my heart rate up and build strength.  I would love and need to loose weight but truly I'm just thrilled that I took such a big step and started, the rest will come.

  
PROJECT LIFE 

Keeping up with my Project Life is fun and worth it but it does take time.  Just remembering to take a picture everyday is the hardest part, sometimes I cheat and skip a day here and there, then take two on one day. It's working for me and I don't think it really matters, the end result is all good.







Well, hopefully It won't be another two weeks until I blog again but if so.......it's ok!  Thanks for reading through lots of this and that.

No comments: