Thursday, September 30, 2010

Favorite Bean Salsa

This is such a Super Easy Bean Salsa that taste great!

My husband loves it on Football Sunday. 
 It's a bit addicting....I think it's the fresh lime juice that keeps you going back for more.

Recipe:
2 Cans Black Beans
2 Cans White Beans
2 Cans Shoepeg Corn
6 Fresh Limes
Garlic (use a little or a lot)
Spicy Fresh Peppers* 
*(Habanero Peppers are perfect if you can handle HOT stuff, use cautiously, 1-2 is usually plenty)
  You can substitute mild peppers for those who don't enjoy hot and spicy .  I usually set aside a dish full before adding the peppers for the kids and they eat it right up.
I sometimes add a can of diced tomatoes which my husband likes
 but I'm not a big fan of tomatoes so I tend to avoid adding them.

Serve with Tortilla Chips (Scoops work perfect!)





Warning: If you have a big crowd you may want to double the batch....
it seems to disappear fast, even for those who aren't big on beans. 

 I think this is a recipe that you can easily add to.......What you would add? 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

that sounds sooo yummy! thanks for sharing! =)

Angie said...

Yum...that looks so good!! Thanks for sharing...I will be making that for sure :)