Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chalkboard Painting Projects


I decided to go for it and try painting a plate with chalkboard paint. Overall I think it came out pretty cute and the cost was very little.  I've had the plate for years (it was a handy down from my mother...thanks Mom!)  I've always loved it but hardly ever used it,now I can enjoy it daily!  I did spend around 5 bucks for the paint which I could do a ton of other projects with and I had the plate holder laying around for sometime now.  I painted two coats of paint on the plate.  I think spray paint would give it a smoother look but I was scared to go that route. Maybe for a bigger project.  Next I did my utensil holder (that I never really use for utensils)...

I think it's super cute now.   I look forward to trying some other projects.........but I need to work up my courage first.  If you have any tips, please share.


Have a great day!

Bonnie

2 comments:

Lea said...

I think these are just too cute! It's such fun to be creative once in a while.

Blessings to you this Thanksgiving Season.

Rachel said...

Very very cute!! You've inspired me to go buy some of that paint and start painting random objects in my home!

Blessings to you!