hello miscellany monday bloggers!
1. fresh air we had a beautiful weekend here in maine. the temperatures were in the 60's, so i actually got to open some windows on saturday afternoon, the sun was so warm and the skies were so blue. i love when i can open the windows and let the fresh air in! sometimes a window could be open with the heater going when i'm home alone.....my husband wouldn't be too happy to hear that but i need my fresh air!
*the dried silk in milk weed is flying through the air in this pic....we have a field of it!
2. family pics since it was another beautiful day on sunday we decided to attempt taking some family pics for our christmas cards. never an easy task but overall things moved along quickly. i set the timer and ran to a spot to join the rest of the family. there were some interesting pics of my hands in places that shouldn't be but i did manage to get a few cute ones. now i need help deciding which one to use. please help me to decide. they do need some cropping but i wanted to get these posted so i can mess with that later. my husband likes the third one and i like the second one. this is why i need your help!
3. oldies audrey found the old record player under our bed and decided to listen to some old records. i have a ton of my mothers old 45's and one of mine from when i was little that plays "i'm a little tea pot", "ha! ha! this away" and "green grass grew all around".....i love those songs and i love that audrey enjoyed the record player even more. i really need to pull out my old type writter...i think both kids would have fun with that.
4. baseball ethan can't get enough of his baseball cards......he either is looking through cards, tossing a baseball around, looking on ebay for gloves or outside with a bat. for those of you who think your young boys have no interest in sports, just wait until age 8 comes around. toys aren't so interesting anymore, which is fine with me!
5. free printable check out these super cute free thanksgiving subway art prints over at today's fabulous finds. i printed and framed this one.........
6. ankle i twisted my ankle 12 weeks ago and it's still not normal. i've gone to the doctors and have been wearing (or should i say...i've been given) a brace to wear. the brace is to prevent me from twisting it again while it's healing. the twist was so bad that it caused a deep tissue injury (he told me the medical term but i can't remember what it was, except for the first letter was S). the only thing that will make it better now is time (more time needed as you get older). i am so careful not to re-injure it, it's sore often. my foot doesn't bend like it used to so i no longer can fly down the stairs, i do one step at a time....boring! anyway......i pray that nothing silly happens...like slipping on ice this winter or deciding to make a wrong decision to run a little . time! time! time!
6. thankful and, one last thing........i'm thankful for so many things but today i'm especially thankful for nature. it was so beautiful today and i enjoyed spotting this more than ever.......
enjoy your monday!