Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving and Shopping


(Audrey passed this around before dinner, we all fun writing things were grateful for.) 

We had a very nice and simple Thanksgiving this year.   The kids and I watched the Macy Parade on T.V. It was exciting at times and other times we got up did are thing and it seemed that one set of eyes were always on the T.V. so if something good came on we'd yell for the others to come...I think we had a pretty good system!  I enjoy watching the Radio City Rockettes the most.  It amazes me how they can stay in sync perfectly, Ethan said they look like robots because they look so perfect. Lots of dedication from the dancers for sure. I think it amazes me because I have absolutely no skills when it comes to coordination.....I can't even do aerobics (I"m not kidding). 
.

After the parade my parents showed up to visit for a bit before we gathered over at my mother in laws house (next door) and enjoyed a large yummy fillig dinner with lots of yummy pies to choose from.  We are now home watching more football, playing, resting and relaxing. I'm thinking I should start my search for Christmas gifts (sigh). I am one that hates to buy something just to buy it.  I want to get a gift that is practical or will be enjoyed.  Searching through amazon.com and etsy.com is fun but so hard making a decision. My son is 9 and is growing out of the toy stage so I need to think hard.....oh, how this hurts my noodle!  I guess getting a head start is good., I'm usually a last minute person but I'm working on this. Anyway, I 'm off to search for stocking stuffers at etsy.com  They usually have some unique things. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and I do hope shopping is easier for you then I. 

Bonnie


P.S. My sister in law Laura posted this today and I thought it was so neat that I had to share it. I'm all about traditions!  

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great day!!! and how fun to see a link to me - hehe! Love you guys!

Rachel said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous day. I love the grateful board. That is a wonderful idea!

Blessings to you!

Stacy P. said...

your day sounded eerily familiar to my own. :)
i've also started my online search for christmas gifts--it does get hard with the middle-elementary age kids. my 11yo and 8 yo girls are the hardest to shop for.
i'd forgotten about etsy...whoo-hoo! headed there later today.

happy shopping!

stacy