1. strep throat - it absolutely sucks! it's a first for me, i hardly even get a sore throat. since eating isn't an option, i'm pretty much sticking to hot water and honey. talking causes to much stress on my throat (i think my family may like this version of me, i usually have plenty to say to them). hoping i will feel better by tomorrow. the doctor said 36 to 48 hours of meds usually takes the pain away. i've been taking lots of ibuprofen and tylenol to help take the edge off but it still kills. i don't wish this on anyone...i'm so hoping my family doesn't get it!
2. the waltons - i was always a little house on the prairie kind of gal, i loved watching that show when i was younger. i never watched the waltons until now since my husband loves the show and we found that it's on the hub channel (inspiration channel). thanks to our DVR we can record the show and watch it at night. our 9 year old ethan will even sit and watch it with us, which i love. the show is so wholesome, a bit corny at times but overall a good family show!
3. snow - we've been getting lots of snow in maine these past few weeks. anywheres from 4 to 8+ inches at a time. i like to keep my vehicle clean but it seems to be impossible. this is what most cars look like in my parts.
4. ramona and beezus - my miss audrey (age 7) has been a reading machine lately. she's hooked on the ramona and beezus books. i love that my kids love to read, they didn't get it from me, well that's not completely true since my husband and i have been reading to them since they were just months old. i've never been a big reader. i do like a good book every so often but not often enough.
5. couch - we are looking to get a new couch. last time we did this (9 years ago) we ended up couchless for awhile. you see i thought i had found the perfect couch but when they delivered it i hated it in the my space. so we sent it back after we had already got rid of our old one. i'm hoping this time around it goes much smoother. i would love a pottery barn couch but don't love the price so it isn't going to happen. i found this couch at jcpenney.com, it has a good price on it and i love that you can buy extra slip covers for it. the reviews overall are good but do i dare to order a couch online? any advice would be helpful.
6. a mouse - some how a mouse came into our house and our three cats didn't seem to care which meant eric and i had to capture it . after 15 minutes we got it (actually eric did) we didn't know what to do with it since the temps are below 0 outside. yes, call us crazy......we both have soft hearts when it comes to animals (i guess our cats do too :)
eric thinking what to do with this little guy
look how cute!
we ended up putting it in a clear plastic container with nuts, raisins and a paper towel tube for the night and in the morning will take it over to the abandon barn across the road. most people would have tossed it right outside or worse but for us that just isn't something we could do so for now he's comfy and cozy in a warm house.
Happy Monday to all! And, don't forgot to join along at lowercase letters for miscellany monday.