Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentine Wreath

 Yes, another burlap wreath!  I just love the natural look of burlap and it pretty much goes with everything.  I used what I had so the colors aren't your traditional Valentine's Day colors but it works. I decided to paint a piece of cardboard with chalkboard paint to add a message in the center.  I felt like it needed a bold color to add a little pop.  My pictures aren't the greatest, I didn't have good lighting due to the weather being so gloomy.    




 Since taking this picture, I've trimmed the stray pieces of burlap that seem to have sprouted out.



I think it's time to get out my other 
Valentine's Day decorations...............off I go!

Bonnie


12 comments:

Kathy said...

LOVE it! I've been thinking about doing some Valentine crafting lately ... I'm soooo ready to put away the snowmen and winter stuff!

Kathy said...

ps. what is the name of your wall color? I am hoping to re-paint my living room a neutral color soon and am looking for some good choices.

jandjhome said...

Your wreath is beautiful. I love your color scheme. I did something like this for fall with the burlap. It was so much easier than the yarn one I am attempting right now.

Ali Richardson said...

I love this! Beautiful! I'm a bit of a burlap-a-holic :)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Bonnie - this is adorable. Love the rosettes and the chalkboard - super cute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ~ Stephanie lynn

Allie said...

love love the colors on this! Burlap is always great, too. :)

April said...

Oh wow! this is so pretty! I would love for you to link this up to my Sew Crafty Party & Giveaway!

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/agape-love-boutique-giveaway-sew-crafty.html

arg said...

tres presh! and very inspiring! i think i'll shoot for a st patricks day burlap wreath!

April said...

Thanks for coming link up! I really love this wreath. I'm thinking I might make one tonight! Hope you link up again this weekend!

April said...

hey bonnie! I featured your wreath today so come by and grab a button if you like, and don't forget to enter the two giveaways I have going on!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

so simple and pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Brandy said...

This is beautiful! Love the color scheme and simplicity!

Brandy
Gluesticks
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com