Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Catching Up

I've been terrible about Bogging lately.  I feel like I have nothing good to share but that's not even why I started a blog to begin with.  I started it to record memories.  It seems that I go through cycles and lately I've come to a road block.......I need to plow through it and go with it. So here is a little about  this and that......

The kids are on vacation this week, February vacation they call it.  Ethan has been going to baseball camp at UMaine every morning from 8:15 to 10:30am and LOVING IT!  He wishes it was all day....so do I because there is nothing worse then hearing "I'm bored".  Boy I hate those words and as the kids get older I hear it more and more. It's been so cold out that it makes it hard to send them out to play.  Audrey has been sick with another cold, poor thing.  I'm glad it's now rather then her missing school.  She seems to keep herself busy with her Barbie Dolls and playing in her room.

On Sunday we went to The Chicken Barn, the Chicken Barn is a big Barn full of Antiques and books.  It's famous here in Maine. We picked up a few books, an old  Pepsi crate (love) , a Blue Mason Jar (love), Audrey found an old Barbie carrying case and Ethan found some Baseball cards.  We then headed to another antique store where Ethan found more baseball cards and Audrey found a 1970 Barbie Camper that she had to have (she used her own money, it was quiet the find).  My kids love old things which I think is pretty cool.

Our Miss Trixie turned 14 this month and for the first time EVER had a bow put in her hair by the groomer.......too cute.  I got such a kick out of seeing it her hair when I picked her up.  She didn't seem to mind at all.  It's really not her but will leave it in until it falls out.  Miss Audrey loves it and thinks she should always wear one. 

And this is what I did with the Pepsi crate.....



A Perfect organizer for all of those markers, scissors and such.

Tomorrow is Eric's (my hubby) Birthday.  I'm planning to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.....wish me luck it will be a first.  His mother usually makes the most delicious one ever but she won't have time so she gave me the recipe to make it.  Oh boy!  We will have a blueberry pie for back up.

Have a great day! And, f the cake comes out good, I will be sure to share the recipe.

Bonnie

2 comments:

BundlesofBlossoms said...

I love the use of the Pepsi crate!

I love to repurpose any and everything!

Actually, today, I took the cutest fabric covered utensil organizer (you know-for like knives, forks and spoons) and I put it on our bedrom dresser and filled it with oddities that can't fit into a jerelry box. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. I need to take a pic and soon, before I forget:)

You and I are two cool organizational cats-LOL!

Miller Racing Family said...

I am so with you on the blogging road block. I will get in that and then like you I think to myself, I blog for the memories. If I inspire someone along the way that is just a bonus.
Love the pepsi crate and your idea of craft supply storage. Trey is going through a crafting phase which I love but I hate the mess.
Blessings!