Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Lemon Cake


Lately I've been exploring baking cakes.....something I've never done much of besides the occasional boxed cake.   I always worry that it may not taste good but my little Audrey tells me their good and that I worry too much....she so sweet.


Well since my Chocolate Peanut Butter cake came out so well for my hubby's birthday last week I decided I could make my mother in laws birthday cake.  I asked what kind she would like, she replied  "A Lemon cake sounds good".  I replied  "Sure, I think that sounds like something I could do".  After searching for a recipe I decided to go with a Martha Stewart recipe found here.  I had all of the ingredients and it seemed simple enough (Note To Self: always read through the WHOLE recipe before starting).  I started to mix the ingredients and as I worked my way through the recipe it seemed to get a little more complicated.......candied lemons?  Huh? Glaze the top of the cooked cake. Huh?  I managed to do what it said but after the cake finished baking  it seemed a bit dense (heavy and flat; I'm not sure if that's how it was suppose to be or if I messed up).  I made a lemon butter frosting that actually made the cake edible. My mother in law was kind enough to say it tasted good and that the frosting was delicious.....smooth on her part.  

If any of you have a delicious Lemon Cake recipe you'd like to share I'd love to try it!

Bonnie


  

No comments: