Saturday, April 2, 2011

National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day


Today is a national celebration of the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich! According to some legends, American soldiers during World War II mixed their rations of peanut butter and jelly to make this delectable new treat. When the soldiers returned home after the war, sales of peanut butter and jelly shot up. No one could get enough of the delicious mix of sweet and salty ingredients!


Since then, the PB and J sandwich has been a staple in many American lunchboxes. By the age of 18, the average American has consumed at least 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

To celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, get two slices of bread, a jar of your favorite type of peanut butter, and some yummy jelly. You'll know what to do!and jelly to make this delectable new treat. When the soldiers returned home after the war, sales of peanut butter and jelly shot up. No one could get enough of the delicious mix of sweet and salty ingredients!
Since then, the PB and J sandwich has been a staple in many American lunchboxes. By the age of 18, the average American has consumed at least 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

Who doesn't love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?!?!?! We go through a ton of peanut butter at our home (mostly by my husband....it's quick and easy and full of nutrients.  We go for the natural peanut butter since it's not full of sugars and hydrogenated oil. Last summer I picked lots and lots of strawberries and made my own jam....so yummy!  Cheers to P&J! 

Bonnie

1 comment:

BundlesofBlossoms said...

This is the cutest post ever and Kudos to the PB & J day!!!!

I want to eat your homemade jelly-LOL-I always try to buy homemade or handmade everything~

It just tastes better knowing that you or someone else took the time to make it, ya know!

My husband laughed at me yesterday because I came home from shopping with the absulute cutest popcorn hard plastic bowls, bags (you know the kind you get at carnivals) but these are hard like a cereal bowl, yet, look like the bags and are dishwasher safe. So cool!

Well, he was laughing at me & the kids, cause he knows how we are and he said "I just don't understand all of the excitement, but if it makes you all happy..... then I hope your popcorn tastes better"

So I said, "these red & white striped bag/bowls just make eating popcorn more fun. It's kind of like using a short antique butter knife to put butter and jam on a homemamde biscuit. You just don't get it, Charlie, and you never will" LOLOLOLOL!!!! My kids got that goofy fun part of me so they totally understand and were as excited as I am.

But I will bet that one of these nights I see Charlie eating out of one of these popcorn bowls and that he laughed over and his popcorn will taste a little bit better-I just know it-LOLOLOLOL!

Wow-I got windy on this comment:)