Saturday, April 16, 2011

Springtime Muffins

Recently I picked up a copy of Rachel Ray's Every Day magazine and discovered I loved it!  Colorful and down to earth! There are lots of great recipes to try  but so far I've made one.  And guess who it was for.............  



my dogs!!!  Yup, that's right my dogs Trixie and Dexter.  They deserve good food too!  In the back of the magazine Rachel Ray had a recipe for Springtime Doggy Muffins that I thought my dogs would love (turth is...they pretty much love anything in the food department, but a special treat is always better).


Aren't they cute!  (and yes, that's cat grass that I planted  and grew in jelly jars early this spring.  I needed to see green, our winter was way too long) 


The Recipe for Springtime Doggy Muffins

1 egg
2 tbls honey
2 bananas, mashed with a fork
1/4 cup peanut butter (natural)
3 cups water
3 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teas baking powder
1 teas cinnamon
cooking spray

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl, whisk togehter the egg, honey, bananas and peanut butter.  Stir in 3 cups of water; whisk until smooth.

2.  In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the egg mixture.

3.  Spray two 12 cup muffin pans with cooking spray; fill each cup three quarters full.  Bake until browned, about 30 mins.

 *  I filled the regular muffin pan 1/4 full to create a smaller muffin and I also used a mini muffin pan for the other half of the mix.  The mini muffns were a perfect size for our 60lb dogs.  I baked them for 20 minutes instead of 30.

Freeze and thaw muffins as needed.  

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!  
Our weekend here in Maine is going to be a wet one. 
 I'm not going to complain since the grass is finally starting to turn green!  Yipee!
Bonnie

3 comments:

Laura said...

We absolutely LOVE Rachael Ray - just made the Almond Joy Layer Cake tonight - will be posting it with pictures tomorrow - yum!!!

Angie said...

Awesome! My pups would love these! I will have to make them soon.

Miller Racing Family said...

How fun. I love to watch Rachel Ray on Food Network.
Blessings!