Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Favorite Things

friday favorite things | finding joy




Piercing of the Ears

I always said that Audrey would have to beg me to get her ears pierced. I wanted her to be ready and really, really want them.  Well, she didn't have to beg but she did really want them.  We have been talking about it here and there over the past year.  Most of the girls in her class have them, cousins have them and I have them.  She was shocked when she heard her younger cousin Jenna got them before her; I think she thought there was some kind of rule on  oldest to youngest.  Anyway, a few days ago when we had plans to go see Mr. Popper's Penguin (cute movie),  I decided to ask her if she would like to go have her ears pierced before the movie.....

her reaction:
SERIOUSLY?
NO, REALLY?
ARE YOU KIDDING?  
REALLY?
ARE YOU SERIOUS MOMMY?

me:  
Yes, I'm serious Audrey. 
 Do you want them?

audrey
YES! 
 Will it hurt? 
 What will if feel like? 
Will hurt badly? 
 How long will it hurt?  
Will I bleed?  

me
It won't hurt for long, it's quick, no blood. 
 Are you sure you want to do it, we can wait. 

audrey:
  I WANT TO!  I WANT TO!

The Big Day
She choose her birthstone for her first pair of earrings.....sapphires.

I wish I could had captured her face as we walked into the mall.  She had that nervous but happy face that she tried to hold in.  When we walked into Claire's she didn't say a word and when I talked.....she gave me a face that said "MOM, STOP, I'M FINE!"   A face that I should be use to by now but don't think ever will be.  

She was very quite from start to finish, it was fast, she didn't cry and I was exploding with questions....

ARE YOU OKAY?
DID IT HURT?
ARE YOU SURE YOUR OKAY?
TELL ME WHAT YOUR THINKING.
ARE YOU SUPER HAPPY?
SPEAK TO ME KID!!!!

audrey:
STOP IT MOMMY!!!!
I'M FINE!
MOMMY...STOP!

I should have stopped but instead I tell her that it's a BIG deal for me too and I just want to know what she's thinking and of course snap a few pics.  She finally relaxes and tells me she's happy and lets me get a picture or two.

She's only 7 (almost 8) and I'm filled with emotions just with a simple ear piercing.....can you imagine what I'll be like when she goes on her first date, gets married, has babies...Lord help me! 


__________________________________________________


 Swimming


The weather as been perfect for lots of swimming this summer. 
 The kids go at least 3 times a day...and, what I love about this time is that they actually get along during this time (well,for the most part) which makes for a happy momma!



We also go to the nearest lake (30 miles away) to have fun in the water too.

Ethan chillin'

 Eric teaching Audrey how to do a hand stand


 Audrey's hand stand.........love it!


Happy Friday!


Join Rachel at (friday) favorite things @ finding joy 

6 comments:

Laura said...

We love going into Claire's - they have so many cute things and we love the "sensitive ears" selection :-) Happy Weekend!!!

radiomomrhetoric said...

awww...she looks so PROUD! I think I was about her age when I got my ears pierced too!

Love the beach pix!

Rachel said...

I love the look of pride on her face. It's such a big deal, a big moment for them when they walk up to that chair and let the tech draw the dots and then pierce those ears. My Gracie just had it done in April for her birthday and my Hannah documented the whole thing. I love those pictures.

Wonderful pictures! And tell Audrey she looks mah-va-lous!

Rachel

Miller Racing Family said...

What wonderful photos. I love the heart swimming photo. I am so proud of Audrey for getting her ear pierced. I agree we want Lila to be able to take care of her ears before we take the big step.
Have a fabulous day!

BundlesofBlossoms said...

Oh, that's such an awesome thing to do (getting her ears pierced that is)YAY!

We have that same pool and love it! Great summer family pictures!!!

Corine said...

LOL! That ear pearcing story just made me smile! :D Congratulations, to you both! Isn't it fun to be a mom? ;)
Corine :D